Project managers must be able to present different options and tradeoffs for shortening the project duration and reducing the scope and budget. There are sophisticated resource analysis techniques you can use to shift under-utilized resources to other tasks and make the most efficient use of them. In this module, you’ll learn how to use the software to craft tradeoffs for project scope, duration and cost as well as fine-tune the schedule to be as efficient as possible. You’ll also learn how to model change requests for the project sponsor to consider.
What Happens If I Don’t Optimize My Schedule?
Project managers who don’t build a dynamic project schedule have a difficult, if not impossible, time optimizing their schedules, modeling tradeoffs and handling change requests. They either spend hours trying to update the schedule for a variety of scenarios or they don’t do it at all. As a result, they don’t make the most efficient use of their resources and their projects take longer and cost more than they should.
There are 6 lecture videos below.
1. Modeling Achievement Tradeoffs Lecture Video
2. Modeling Duration Tradeoffs Lecture Video
3. Modeling Budget Tradeoffs Lecture Video
4. Fine-tuning the Microsoft Project® Schedule Lecture Video
5. Resource Utilization in Microsoft Project® Lecture Video
6. Analyzing Slack & Delay in Microsoft Project® Lecture Video