$20. Construction Project Essentials teaches construction project managers all the steps for managing a construction project including: planning the project and requirements with the customer, estimating work with the crews, developing a project schedule, executing the project plan and tracking weekly progress. You will see how to spot and solve project problems and how to report progress to the customer.
Construction Project Essentials includes complete Microsoft Project® software instructions for the 5 steps in managing a small construction project. It takes you step-by-step through a real project where you read the actual conversations with the customer and see how the project manager handles the tough questions.
Construction Project Essentials Table of Contents:
- Step 1: BroadBrush Plan
- Technique 1: Defining the Project Scope
- Technique 2: Gathering Project Requirements
- Technique 3: Creating the Charter & Avoiding Problems
- Step 2: Work Breakdown Structure
- Technique 4: Using Microsoft Project® Software
- Technique 5: Building a Work Breakdown Structure
- Step 3: Dynamic Project Schedules
- Technique 6: Sequencing Tasks
- Step 4: Assigning People to Tasks
- Technique 7: Making Clear Assignments & Estimates
- Technique 8: Defining the Critical Path
- Technique 9: Team Leadership Skills
- Step 5: Tracking Results
- Technique 10: Tracking Actuals vs. the Baseline
- Technique 11: Problem Solving & Reporting
- Technique 12: Closing the Project & Making the Next One Easier
- View a sample of the Construction Project Essentials book
Construction Project Essentials is an electronic book you can download to your PC, Mac, tablet or smartphone. Your purchase includes 2 downloads of the book. The book is fully indexed and searchable plus you may print a paper copy. Adobe Reader, a free PDF viewer, is required.