Instructor-led Courses, Study Whenever You Wish
Take up to a Year, Work 1-to-1 with Your Instructor at Your Pace
What You Learn: Beginners, Advanced, Certifications
Everything you need for a consistently successful project management career. Learn a full set of proven, best practices techniques for planning with your client or sponsor, engaging with management stakeholders, leading your team, persuading and influencing executives, negotiating with vendors and contractors as well as skills for budgeting, scheduling and tracking in project management software. Learn soft skills for motivating your team, building morale and enthusiasm and delivering results that please executives while finishing on time and within budget. Practice everything in realistic project case studies where you work 1-to-1 with your instructor in live video conferences.
How You Learn
- Online courses where your point of contact is Dick Billows, PMP,GCA (Dick’s Resume’, Client list, Books on Amazon) and his teaching team
- Have at least one video conference with Dick each week for a role playing meeting, to go over an assignment or to get answers to your questions
- Start when an opening is available (cohort is limited to 25 PMs, average 4.2 openings a month)
- Study at your pace and take up to a year to finish
- Learn by role playing meetings, writing a plan, building a schedule, tracking and making status reports
- Get personal feedback from Dick on each assignment
Project Courses Include Live Presentations and Meetings
Running effective meetings and delivering persuasive reports and presentations is critical to every project manager’s success. In your course, you will run a meeting or present information to the stakeholders from the information you have developed for your case study project. You enter the project simulator on your PC and attend 3-5 meetings where you will interact with the executives from your study case. Dick role plays the executives and stakeholders with their individual goals, opinions and personality styles. It’s a fun way to learn. If you slip up, Dick will call “time out” and discuss what happened and other ways to handle it. Then he will back up the meeting a minute or two and let you try again. At the end, you and Dick will review a video of your meeting/presentation for coaching.
- You will begin by talking with Dick to design your program and what you want to learn. You will select case studies that fit the kind of projects you want to manage. You chose from business, marketing, construction, healthcare, consulting and more. That way your case studies and project plans, schedules and presentations will fit your desired specialty.
- 101 Project Management Basics
- 103 Advanced Project Management Tools
- 201 Managing Programs, Portfolios & Multiple Projects
- 203 Presentation and Negotiation Skills
- 302 Virtual Project Teams
- 304 Strategy & Tactics in Project management
You and Dick will meet in private video conferences to answer your questions, review your project plans, schedules and status reports. You practice running planning meetings, presenting your project plans and giving status reports in live, online sessions with Dick, just the two of you. You learn all the skills you need for project success and get practice using them. You will be able to use them immediately in your “real” projects at work.
Learn by Managing a Project with Coaching at Each Step
Unlimited Coaching and Mentoring
Build your basic project management skills as you learn-by-doing with an expert PM as your coach.
- Working individually with Dick Billows, PMP, GCA, you practice managing a project from the first meeting to the last report. You apply what you have learned in the reading and lectures to a case study. Then you meet with the project sponsor (role-played by Dick Billows) to define the scope.
- Next you interview the project stakeholders to learn their requirements. Dick Billows is coaching you as you go. When you have a misstep, he will stop the meeting to explain where you went wrong. Then he’ll back things up and let you try it again.
- Then you’ll take the requirements and build your plan and schedule. You will use several estimating techniques with the team and present your work to the sponsor in another live meeting wit Dick.
- Finally, you launch the project and get actual status data from your team. You spot problems, take corrective action and make another live presentation to the executives. Dick Billows gives you coaching and mentoring at every step in your project management course. 303-596-0000
The Most Instructor Contact
Dick Billows,PMP, GCA, will meet with you in a video conference to customize your course before you start. He will tailor it to fit your schedule and goals. The two of you work together privately. There is no classroom of 50 people competing for answers. You control the pace and schedule so it fits your work and life. You meet with Dick as often as you need via live video conferences or phone conversations, from anywhere in the world. The two of you go over assignments and discuss how to apply the techniques you’re learning to your “real” projects at work. This is learn-by-doing where you practice using every tool and technique and get coaching from your instructor at every step in your project management course.
Learn Best Practices Techniques
Optimize Schedules and Track Progress
We make scheduling, budgeting and estimating easy with our project templates and “click by click” software instruction videos. You practice developing your plan and schedule, then get Dick Billows’ feedback and coaching on each step. You learn how to optimize schedules and accurately predict completion dates. You also master tools for spotting problems early so you can solve them when they are small. These are the skills executives value in their project managers. 303-596-0000
Give Presentations & Run Meetings
Communications are a key success factor for project managers. You will practice running meetings and giving presentations in our online project simulator. You will work privately with Dick Billows, just the two of you. With each live session, you will improve your techniques so you are a well-prepared and persuasive communicator. You will learn to answer difficult questions, think on your feet and become a confident public speaker.
Lead High-performing Teams
There are special techniques you will learn for managing a team that produces high-performance results. One leadership style does not fit all team members. So you learn several styles and master the ability to “read” what each team member needs. Then you learn to use the right leadership style for each person. You will also master techniques to stimulate high productivity and quality standards on all your projects. You practice these leadership skills in live online simulations with Dick Billows. 303-596-0000